Too Good At Goodbyes




I have chosen some parts of the lyrics and I will show the structures they contain in this beautiful song. Did you think that you would know a lot of information when listening to Sam Smith?

Deduction With Must

You must think that I'm stupid.
You must think that I'm a fool.
You must think that I'm new to this
but I have seen this all before.

“Too” + an adjective + “infinitive form” is used.

The meaning of the sentence is negative.

I'm never gonna let you close to me,
even though you mean the most to me.
Because every time I open up, it hurts
So I'm never gonna get too close to you

--

I'm way too good at goodbyes.
    (To be skillful at something.)

--

Comperatives

But every time you hurt me, the less that I cry.

And every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry.

And every time you walk out, the less I love you.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Could Turn Back Time

Somebody That I Used To Know