Somebody That I Used To Know
Although this song is a bit sad, there is a lot to learn. Now we are focusing the vocabulary and phrases. While listening to the song by repeating and following the lyrics you can ensure the permanence of information. Let's look at the lyrics.
You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness,
(physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance)
(Kind of is used to say that your description of something is not exact.)
like resignation to the end, always the end.
(Departure)
So when we found that we could not make sense,
(To have a clear meaning)
well, you said that we would still be friends.
(This is a common use.)
But I'll admit that I was glad it was over
(Confess to be true or to be the case.)
(Glad means feeling pleasure or happiness.)
but you didn't have to cut me off.
(Prevent someone from receiving or being provided with something.)
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing.
(To deal with a situation.)
And I don't even need your love
but you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough.
(To deal with someone or something as if the person or thing are really someone, a type of a person, or something.)
No, you didn't have to stoop so low.
(To bend one's head or body forwards and downwards.)
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number.
I guess that I don't need that though.
Now you're just somebody that I used to know.
(Done or experienced in the past, but no longer done or experienced.)
Listen to the song once again and pay attention to the underlined parts.
Comments
Post a Comment