Come As You Are
We all know about Nirvana, don't we? Frankly, it's one of my favorite bands, and I really listen to a lot of songs. In this post, I would like to mention a confusing point about the use of 'As'. Since 'As' has many meanings, we make inferences only according to its use in the sentence. In this song by Nirvana, we will understand the use of 'As' in the meaning of 'Like'. Let's look at the lyrics.
Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend
As a known enemy
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend
As an old
Listen to the song carefully and repeat it once again. When you see 'As' in sentences just mumble the song and identify what is the meaning!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete